MARGARITA-YOKO is a Greek-Japanese freelance photographer based in Athens, Greece.
- BA degree in Graphic Design from TEI of Athens / FGAD / School of Graphic Design
- Photography studies at FOCUS School of Photography, Athens
- Conceptual Photography, workshop with Josef Sedlak / Academy of Fine Arts and Design in Bratislava
- New Documents, workshop with Pavlos Fysakis & Pasqua Vorgia / Depression Era collective
- Photography as a document, workshop with Giorgos Moutafis & Spyros Staveris / Depression Era collective
- Dust Breeding, workshop with Yorgos Karailias & Yorgos Prinos / Athens School of Fine Arts
After working for many years both as a designer and as a photographer, receiving book design and packaging design awards (Greek Graphic Design and Illustration Awards / EBGE) along the way, since 2014 her main medium is photography. She works as a freelance photographer in commercial, editorial, architectural, industrial and agricultural projects for design studios and companies in Greece such as Stage Design Office, Bob studio, PointBlank, K2Design, Korres Natural Products, Kommigraphics, Neda Productions and more. She also works as a still photographer in movie sets. She has participated with her personal projects in group exhibitions at the Thessaloniki Biennale of Contemporary Art, the EMST, the Festival Internacional de Fotografía de Tenerife and more.
- Photo-Graphē, Between the Visual and the Literary, Benaki Museum / 138 Pireos St. / Greece
- Tbilisi Photo Festival 2018, Night of Photography / Georgia
- Athens Photo Festival 2018, Main Exhibition, Benaki Museum / 138 Pireos St. / Greece
- Dust Breeding - The Crop, Grace Athens / Greece
She is currently studying for her Master's degree in Social and Cultural Anthropology at Panteion University of Social and Political Studies in Athens
Please direct questions, comments or requests here